Forging a Future of Impact
With an unwavering commitment to disseminating world-class engineering and management education, our esteemed institution strives to create a haven of learning where the brightest minds are drawn, nurtured, and honed to assume prominent leadership roles across the globe. Our hallmark lies in fostering a culture of excellence and perpetual growth, ensuring that our students and faculty alike are constantly inspired to reach new heights of achievement. Together, we embark on a transformative journey of knowledge, empowerment, and innovation, as we pave the way for a future where brilliance knows no bounds.
Sir Syed CASE Institute of Technology – History
Sir Syed Center for Advanced Studies in Engineering (SS‐CASE‐IT), Institute of Technology, achieved federal charter status as a degree-awarding Institute in 2018. However, the legacy of providing exceptional higher education at SS‐CASE‐IT dates back to 2001 when it commenced its journey as an affiliated institute (CASE) under the University of Engineering and Technology Taxila (UET Taxila).
The Center for Advanced Studies in Engineering (CASE) originated as a noble initiative of the not-for-profit Engineering Education Trust (EET). In January 2001, the idea of establishing CASE as a leading institution for higher technical education in Pakistan was officially discussed. During this crucial phase, we carefully examined the project’s viability and assessed our unwavering dedication to this significant national endeavor. Recognizing the urgent demand for disseminating advanced knowledge in engineering and management to our esteemed engineers and scientists, we wholeheartedly committed to this cause.
In 1998, Communications Enabling Technologies (CET) Pakistan, a research and development organization, was founded in Rawalpindi. Led by the distinguished Dr. Shoab Ahmed Khan (Tamgha‐e‐Imtiaz), CET quickly attracted some of the most talented professionals in Pakistan. Dr. Farrukh Kamran (Tamgha‐e‐Imtiaz), Dr. Saeed Ur Rahman, and Dr. Sohail Naqvi (Former Executive Director, HEC) were among the early members who played a crucial role in establishing CASE. This esteemed group was later joined by other exceptional professionals, such as Dr. Syed Ismail Shah (Ex‐Chairman of Pakistan Telecom Authority), Dr. Aamer Iqbal Bhatti, Dr. Amir Qayyum, Dr. Imtiaz A. Taj, Dr. Sheikh Muhammad Farhan, Saleem Ahmed Khan, Dr. Mohsin Rahmatullah, Hammad Ahmed Khan, Dr. Zaheer Ahmed, and Dr. Durdana Habib. Subsequently, Engineering Education Trust (EET) was established in May 2001.
We, at CASE, take great pride in our commitment to fostering a culture of graduate education and cutting-edge research. Our primary objective is to propel Pakistan towards prosperity by cultivating a knowledge-based economy through the development of skilled human resources in higher technical education.
One significant milestone in our journey was the affiliation granted by UET Taxila to the graduate program in Computer Engineering, enabling us to admit 60 talented students. This pivotal moment marked the birth of CASE on September 11, 2001, within the premises of the Software Technology Park in Islamabad. The distinguished inauguration ceremony was graced by the esteemed presence of Prof. Dr. Atta‐ur‐Rehman, the then-Federal Minister of Science and Technology.
Since then, we have been tirelessly striving to empower our students with cutting-edge knowledge and skills, preparing them to be the driving force behind Pakistan’s technological advancement and economic growth. Our unwavering dedication to excellence continues to shape the future of higher technical education in our nation.
At that time, the institute was backed by a proficient teaching faculty comprising 10 PhDs and 8 MScs. Subsequently, the introduction of new programs followed this sequence:
- Responding to an overwhelming demand, CASE took a significant step in the Fall of 2002 by establishing the Department of Engineering Management, which was led by the esteemed Dr. Ali Sajid. During its inception, the department witnessed 192 students enrolling in the Computer Engineering program and 41 students joining the Engineering Management program. Notably, the CASE programs gained recognition for attracting exceptionally talented graduate students.
- In 2004, CASE made a momentous decision to introduce its undergraduate program in Electrical Engineering, with generous financial support from CARE (PVT) Ltd. The institution’s commitment to quality education was further underscored by obtaining accreditation from the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) even before the first batch of students graduated in 2008.
- Expanding its academic horizons, in the fall of 2008, CASE launched the BBA program, aimed at aligning engineering education with the realms of business development.
- Building on the success of its existing programs, CASE gradually introduced a range of new offerings in subsequent years, including Bachelor of Computer Science, Master in Electrical Engineering, Master in Software Engineering, Master in Project Management, and Master in Management.
Sir Syed CASE Institute of Technology: An Internationally Recognized Degree Awarding University
With the blessings of Almighty Allah, the Engineering Education Trust (EET) accomplished a significant achievement by obtaining the Federal charter for Sir Syed CASE Institute of Technology (SS‐CASE‐IT) on May 24, 2018. This success was made possible through the relentless efforts of the EET trustees and the commendable contributions of the present and past staff and faculty members of CASE.
The visionaries behind this transformation, including Brig (R) Iqbal Shafi, Begum Majida Shafi, Dr. Tahir Hussain, Dr. Fatima Farhee Rehman, and numerous old Aligarians, aspired to elevate CASE into Sir Syed CASE Institute of Technology. Their aim was to carry forth the message of our esteemed leaders of Tehreek e Pakistan (Quaid e Azam, Allama Mohammad Iqbal, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan) to the youth and continue Sir Syed Ahmed Khan’s mission of promoting education in sciences and technology, intertwined with Islamic teachings. Today, the institute stands ready to fulfill these noble objectives.
By achieving this momentous milestone, CASE has embarked on a new chapter, becoming a degree-awarding multidisciplinary institute in Islamabad. It is poised to meet the surging demand for exceptional university education in engineering, basic sciences, and humanities on its campuses, fostering a generation of highly skilled and innovative young individuals. SS‐CASE‐IT has seamlessly absorbed all of CASE’s programs, human resources, and infrastructure, paving the way for a promising future.
Brand New Campus in Multi Gardens, Sector B-17, Islamabad
SS-CASE-IT has recently unveiled its newly constructed purpose-built campus located amidst the picturesque Margalla Hills. The campus is situated within the charming confines of the Multi Garden, Multi Professional Housing Society, Sector B-17, Islamabad.
In the future, SSCASEIT has ambitious plans to introduce numerous undergraduate and post-graduate programs across various disciplines. Our commitment also lies in strengthening our focus on research and development, continuously enhancing the quality of existing degree programs, and fulfilling our core objectives.
In collaboration with our stakeholders, SSCASEIT has identified a select set of missions that will guide our endeavors:
- Produce skilled, qualified, intellectually aware, and capable graduates equipped with fundamental knowledge, capable of contributing their expertise to both the Nation and the World.
- Engage in effective research and explore cutting-edge technologies across disciplines to meet the needs of industry, government, society, and the scientific community, thereby advancing knowledge in respective fields.
- Foster strong ties with industrial and government agencies to develop robust academic programs within SSCASEIT, ultimately strengthening various disciplines in Pakistan.
- Enhance visibility and recognition by actively participating in conferences, technical events, and community activities.
- Contribute to the academic community by publishing innovative scientific articles covering diverse disciplines offered at SSCASEIT.
- Pursue a relentless commitment to continually improve and refine the quality of education offered at SSCASEIT.
Through these missions, SSCASEIT endeavors to remain at the forefront of academic excellence, research, and societal impact.