Page of Content
Welcome to the Bachelor of Sciences in Vision Sciences and Optometry program, where we nurture future optometrists with a passion for excellence. Our dedicated faculty comprises highly qualified optometrists, each with extensive experience in optometric practice and teaching. They are not only educators but also active contributors to academic research, offering you the chance to engage in research projects during your final year.
Minimum: 4 years (8 Regular semesters)
Maximum: 6 Years
A student must successfully complete the coursework outlined in this degree study plan with a minimum of 141 Credit Hours and attain a minimum CGPA of 2.0 out of 4.0.
1. The candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) with at least 50% unadjusted marks from a recognized Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education of Pakistan, or an equivalent examination as recognized by Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC). (additional foundation courses shall be offered by Institute to all the students not having the required HSSC subjects)
2. All foreign equivalent examinations like Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate Advanced Level, British General Certificate of Education Advanced Level, American High School Graduation Diploma (HSG Diploma), etc. must provide a certificate of equivalence with HSSC with at least 50% unadjusted marks issued by IBCC. (additional foundation courses shall be offered by Institute to all the students not having the required HSSC subjects)
3. B. Tech (Hons) / B.S / B.Sc. / Bachelor of Technology (with relevant discipline) or equivalent qualification duly recognized by HEC obtaining at least 60% unadjusted marks with a maximum of one-year exemption as determined by the Department Academic Affairs Committee.
4. Rounding off the percentage figure to make it 50% will not be considered towards eligibility.
Why Choose Bachelor of Science in Vision Sciences and Optometry Program at SS-CASE-IT?
1. Expert Faculty: Learn from a distinguished team of qualified optometrists who bring both clinical expertise and a commitment to education. Their broad experience ensures you receive comprehensive and insightful instruction.
2. Research Opportunities: In your final year, you can immerse yourself in academic research alongside our faculty. This hands-on experience allows you to contribute to cutting-edge advancements in Vision Sciences and Optometry.
3. Pathway to Optometry Practice: Our four-year program is your gateway to becoming a registered optometrist. You’ll acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in optometric practice, making a positive impact on patients’ vision and eye health.
4. Clinical Excellence: Our curriculum places a strong emphasis on clinical practice, ensuring you gain practical experience that prepares you for real-world optometric challenges.
5. State-of-the-Art Facilities: Benefit from well-equipped clinics and laboratories, including our dedicated eye clinic. We maintain strong partnerships with local hospitals and the community, providing you with diverse and valuable practical experiences.
6. Community Engagement: Our commitment to the community fosters a well-rounded education. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with local hospitals and engage in outreach programs that benefit the broader community.
Join us in the Bachelor of Science in Vision Sciences and Optometry program and embark on a journey where clinical practice, research, and community engagement converge. Your path to becoming a skilled and compassionate optometrist begins here.
Apply now to shape a promising future in Vision Sciences and Optometry, where knowledge and care for eyesight unite!